Zebra Printer Troubleshooting
Zebra printers are known as the biggest printer brand in the market offering the high technologies advantages to its users. It has revolutionized the printer world and allows the user to use the technical superiority of the printers. Undoubtedly, these printers are ultimate but with the time, it may be possible that you will have some technical glitches with your printer. So, it is important to know what is going wrong with your printer and how to troubleshoot zebra printer problems. Zebra printers are easy to use but there are some zebra printer troubleshooting tricks that will help you in avoiding the issue before they get more complicated to fix.
Common Zebra Printer Problems
Look at the below list to know some common issues that you can face with your Zebra printer:
- Corrupted or outdated printer drivers
- Label on Zebra printer is not correct
- Printer power on issue
- Adjust Zebra printer for media
- Poor or faded printing quality
- Configuration and setting error
- Low ink level warning
- Zebra printer Offline error
- Connectivity error issue
- Toner smear and white lines issue
- Paper jam issue
- Grinding noise
- Issue in replacing the ink cartridges
- Slow printing rate
How to Troubleshoot Zebra Printer Problems?
If you are facing any kind of issue with your Zebra printer then here you will get a complete guide on zebra printer troubleshooting that helps you in resolving the issue. Here is the steps that you need to follow:
Method 1: Install Latest Version Printer Drivers in Zebra Printer
Most of the users face the issue in installing the new Zebra printer drivers which is one of the most common issues. Follow the below steps to install the latest version of the drivers for Zebra printer:
- The first step is to go to the official Zebra printer website.
- After that, install the printer driver before connecting your device to USB.
- Thereafter, install a printer driver with “Network”. Use the “settings” when the drivers are installed and configured the IP address.
- In case, your printer driver is not communicating then try to use some other connection method.
- Install the driver under the “Devices and Printer” option on your computer.
- Whenever you come online, the new driver will start installing automatically.
- At last, try to print the document.
Method 2: Desktop Labels Print is Not Correct on Zebra Printer
If you find that the Labels displayed small or blurred on your Zebra printer then carry out the below steps to change the size of the label:
- Go to the Start button and then click on the “Control Panel” on your desktop.
- After that, click on the “View Devices and Printers” option.
- Thereafter, tap on the “Stocks” and then modify the settings that allows you to enter the different custom selection for your label.
- Now, search the name or label size and change the settings according to your desire. Tap on the Ok button to proceed further.
- At last, hit on stocks under the “Options” tab in the drop-down menu. Next, you will see the option to choose “4×6”. Use this printer label settings.
- Click on the Apply button to save the settings made by you.
- Finally, your label size increases and you print the documents more clearly.
Method 3: Fix Zebra Printer Power On Issue
Carry out below steps to troubleshoot the Zebra printer power on issue:
- Try to use a different power cable.
- Next, you need to check the power cable. It should not be damaged or broken.
- Make sure to turn on the power outlet.
- Ensure that your printer is not disconnected. If it is then repair it immediately.
Method 4: Adjust Zebra Printer for Ribbon or Media to Use
If you are facing difficulty in adjusting the Zebra printer for the media that you want to use then follow below steps to resolve the issue:
- The first step is to check the Label to define Notch, Gap or Mark.
- The sensor will be required to be positioned correctly according to the Labels.
- Make sure that ribbon is installed properly. You need to note the color of the ribbon.
- Thereafter, the auto-calibrate must hold the position before the print head is closed.
- In case, “Auto Calibrate” does not run then you need to do the calibration manually.
Method 5: Fix Poor or Faded Printing Quality
Here are the steps to resolve the poor or faded printing quality issue with your Zebra printer:
- Firstly, clean the print head by using the cleaning pen.
- After that, adjust the print speed or darkness in the software.
- Next, you need to check the media and make sure that the print surface is facing up.
- Ensure that you have used the correct thermal media.
- At last, test whether the darkness is correct or not from setting.