How to find an IP address for an HP printer
Nowadays, most people know the way to find the IP address of their computer or router but what about the printer? Wondering where is the IP address located on the HP printer? There is any way with which we can find the IP address of the printer/ Thankfully, yes and it is not too difficult. Basically, an IP address is a unique identifier that an HP printer uses to connect to the wireless network.
If you are setting up your printer on some new device or network then you need the IP address to complete the setup process. In this guide, we have described a couple of ways with which you can find HP printer IP addresses.
Simple Methods to Find HP Printer IP Address
In this section, we have described some simple methods with the help of which you know where is the IP address located on HP printer and how to find the IP address of your HP printer.
Method 1: From the Router
By accessing your router, you can find the IP address of the HP printer does not matter whether you are using a Windows or Mac device. Here are the steps:
- Firstly, open any web browser and enter the local IP address of your router into the URL bar of the browser.
- After that, type the appropriate username and password in the respective fields.
- You will see the IP address of your HP printer under the list of the devices which are connected to your network.
- Note: The information will be different depending on the model number of the router you are using.
Method 2: In Windows 10
There are few methods to print the IP address of an HP printer from Windows 10. The simplest one is through the Control panel. Here are the steps for it:
- Firstly, find the control panel from the Windows search bar.
- After that, choose the “Devices and Printers” option from the Control Panel.
- Thereafter, right-click on the printer highlighted on the screen.
- Next, select the properties from the drop-down menu.
- At last, tap on the “Web Services” tab to see the IP address of your printer.
Method 3: Using Command Prompt
Through the command prompt, you can find HP printer IP address. Look at the steps:
- Go to the Start menu and then enter cmd in the search bar.
- Next, enter ipconfig in the command line. Find the IPv4 address.
- Type ping in a new command line followed by a space and thereafter enter IPv4 address.
- Once the results load on the screen, enter arp-a. After that, all the static and dynamic connections will load using the IPv4.
- You will find the 12-digit number on the printer or in the manual of your printer.
- Launch any internet browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge or any other internet browser of your choice.
- Next, copy and paste the dynamic IP address that you got from the arp command. In case, many addresses displayed then paste each of the addresses on a different tab.
- In case, the IP opens on the printer setup page then it would be your IP address. This webpage will be the manufacturer logo and will display the printer information such as printer status.
Also Checkout – HP Photosmart 6520 Troubleshooting Instructions