HP Printer Out of Paper Reset
Struggling in printing the documents from your HP printer? Are you getting an error message HP printer out of paper reset issue? Wondering how you fix HP printer out of paper error when it’s not? Well, if the answer to the above questions is yes then don’t panic! You have reached the right spot. Here, in this article, you will get to know the reason as well as troubleshooting tricks to resolve the issue. Let’s get started without any further delay.
Common Reasons Behind HP Printer Keeps Saying Out of Paper
There could be several reasons behind HP printer out of paper error. Some of the reasons are listed below. Look at the below reasons:
- Outdated printer drivers
- Use of low-quality paper
- HP printer’s paper feed roller may be choked with dust or paper debris
- Use the printing paper with curled edges
- HP printer is not compatible with your Windows PC
- Overloaded input tray of HP printer
- Several pending printing jobs that stuck in the printing queue of HP printer
- Problem in print spooler service
How to Fix HP Printer Out of Paper Error When it’s Not?
Look at the below troubleshooting tips to fix the HP printer out of paper error when it’s not. Follow each of the step carefully:
Method 1: Check the condition of printing papers before loading
When the printing papers are not placed in proper manner then you may get HP printer out of paper error. Follow the below steps to resolve this issue on your HP printer:
- Make sure that you are using the same size and type sheets.
- Try to place only 25 or less than 25 sheets in the input tray of your printer.
- Align the printing papers properly. Make sure that the paper bundle is uniform.
- Ensure that the paper sheets that you have placed for printing are not damaged or curled from the edges.
- Use only good quality papers for printing.
Method 2: Clean Paper Feed Roller of HP Printer
There may be a possibility that your HP printer says out of paper error due to a dirty paper feed roller. Follow the below steps to clean the paper feed roller:
- Firstly, turn off your HP printer.
- Unplug the power cord from your device.
- Make sure that there are no sheets placed in the input tray. If there is any sheet placed in it then remove it.
- Open the access cover of your printer.
- Now, look for the paper feed roller.
- Next, take a clean cloth and dip it into the distilled water.
- Thereafter, use that cloth to clean the paper feed roller.
- After that, you need to wait for sometime until the paper feed roller becomes dry.
- Make sure to not use the hair dryer or compressed air to dry teh roller.
- When the roller becomes dry then place papers in the input tray of your printer.
- Close the access cover of your HP printer. Now, wait for some time until your printer gets in the idle mode.
- Try to print the documents.
Method 3: Check Rear Panel Cover of HP Printer
There is a possibility that the rear panel located at the back of your printer might not be placed fully. So, you need to turn your HP printer around and check whether the rear panel is placed properly or not. Also, check for any paper jam. You need to remove the rear panel and crumpled paper if any.
Method 4: Reset the HP Printer
Resetting the HP printer might be complicated. For this, you need to unplug the power cable without switching off your printer. After that, wait for some time before plugging the power cable to your printer. If your printer does not turn on automatically then press the power button to turn it on.