HP Photosmart 6520 Troubleshooting
Looking for HP Photosmart 6520 Troubleshooting Instructions? Among the printers leading family brands, HP Photosmart 6520 printer is preferred by most of the users as it shaped the printing world with innovative smart print features. The wireless setup option offered by HP Photosmart 6520 printer enables you to print the documents from various devices. But many times there is a possibility that you might come across some technical issues the same as the other printers such as the printer is offline, HP Photosmart 6520, not printing, and many more.
By following some HP Photosmart 6520 troubleshooting tricks, you can easily fix the issues associated with it in no time. Keep reading to explore the way to fix HP Photosmart 6520 problems.
Some Common HP Photosmart 6520 Problems
Look at the below list to know some common issues associated with HP Photosmart 6520 printer:
- Ink cartridge replacement issue
- The printer won’t print black
- The printer is not responding in Mac
- Can’t do a scan to computer
- Printer driver download issue
- Wireless setup issues
- Black ink not printing issue
Simple Steps to Fix HP Photosmart 6520 Problems
HP Photosmart 6520 troubleshooting can be done in several ways. Go through the below HP Photosmart 6520 Troubleshooting Instructions to fix the issues associated with it:
Problem 1: Ink Cartridge Replacement Issue
Follow the steps to resolve the ink cartridge replacement issue:
- Turn on the printer.
- Open the top lid of the printer and wait for the cartridge to move to the printer’s right-hand side.
- Allow your HP Photosmart 6520 printer to remain quiet and idle.
- At last, press the old printer ink cartridge and then remove it out of the printer carriage.
Problem 2: Printer Won’t Print Black
Here are the steps to fix the HP Photosmart 6520 printer won’t print black issue:
- Load the white papers in the input paper tray.
- After that, click on the settings. Then, go to the tools and tap on the Print Quality Report on your printer to continue the not printing black issue.
- If you find any defect in the color bars then clear the print head. To do this, follow the below steps:
- Click on settings and then on tools.
- Hit on the Clean Printhead.
- If you do not accept the print quality then click on the Clear Again option to clean the printhead.
- In case, you find any defect in the alignment pattern then align the printhead. Carry out the below steps to execute it:
- Click on Settings and then tap on tools.
- Hit on the Align Printer.
- Once the alignment is completed, go to the next step.
- In case, you did not find any issue then check the ink levels and try to print the documents. Check whether the issue gets resolved or not.
Problem 3: Printer is Not Responding in Mac
Go through the below steps to fix HP Photosmart 6520 printer is not responding in Mac:
- Make sure that your printer is active.
- If your printer is not available for communication and it is offline. So, you need to make sure that your printer is ready to get a print job.
- Ensure that you have installed the correct ink cartridges.
- Check whether you have loaded enough papers into the input paper tray.
- Tap on the Apple menu and select your system preferences.
- Click on Print & Scan, Print & Fax, or Printers & Scanners.
- Choose the reset printing system by right-clicking inside the Printers window.
- Tap on the reset button on the confirmation page.
- Enter the administrator name and password. Tap on the Ok button to finish the resetting process.
Problem 4: Can’t do Scan to Computer
If you are facing an issue in scanning to a computer then make sure that you have turned on the Windows Image Acquisition service. Carry out the steps to fix the issue:
- Press Windows and R keys at the same time to open the run dialogue box.
- Enter “services.msc” in the given field.
- Double-click on the Windows Image Acquisition.
- If Windows Image Acquisition is disabled then select Automatic on the Startup type drop-down menu.
- Tap on the Start button and then Apply.
Also Checkout – hp laserjet 200 color m251nw wireless setup