Connect HP Printer to New WiFi
Struggling to connect HP printer to new WiFi? Wondering how to connect HP printer to WiFi? Well, the several new advancements in the technologies enables the user to print the documents wirelessly. Now, you can easily print the documents even from your mobile devices. If you are also looking for the steps to connect your HP printer to the WiFi connection then you have reached the right spot. Here, in this article we have shared the simple instructions that help you in connecting your HP printer to the wireless connection. Check out the steps.
How to Connect HP Printer to WiFi?
There are different methods by which you can connect the HP printer to WiFi connection. Here we have described some simplest methods by which you can connect HP printer to new WiFi.
Method 1: Using Wireless Setup Wizard
Follow the below steps to connect the HP printer to WiFi connection using the wireless setup wizard:
- Go to the HP Printer and press the power button for some time to switch on your HP printer.
- After that, disconnect any internet cables or USB cables which are attached with your printer.
- Next, you have to search for the Control Panel on your HP printer screen. Once you find it, click on it.
- Thereafter, tap on the wireless icon and then select the “Network Menu” option to open it.
- In the next step, you need to choose the “Wireless Settings” from the drop-down option and then tap on the “Wireless Setup Wizard” option.
- Search and tap on the “Network” by clicking on its name. Enter “WPA” or “WPS” password to configure your internet connection.
- At last, tap on the Ok button to complete the process of connecting your HP printer to the WiFi connection.
Method 2: Through WPS Method
Go through the below guidelines to connect HP printer to new WiFi through WPS button:
- Firstly, switch on your HP printer. After that, tap on the WPS button.
- Once you turn on the WPS button, ensure that your wireless router starts working within 2-3 minutes.
- After that, your computer or laptop whatever you are using prompts you to enter the WPS password.
- Enter the WPS password manually and follow on-screen instructions to complete the WiFi Protected setup.
Steps to Resolve HP Printer is Not Connecting to WiFi
Look at the below instructions to troubleshoot the HP printer is not connecting to WiFi connection issue:
Step 1: The first step is to check the network connectivity and internet connection on your device.
Step 2: Make sure that your HP printer and router is turned on.
Step 3: Next, go to the Control Panel of your HP printer and select the network configuration page. Check whether you are facing any error or not.
Step 4: The frequency of the router may also create WiFi connectivity issues. So, make sure that the frequency of your router is between 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz.
Step 5: Make sure to place your HP printer within the range of the wireless networks. It should be placed within 30m away from the router.
Step 6: Check whether you have installed the printer drivers and software properly on your system or not. If you have installed such drivers that do not support your printer then you may face the issues.
Step 7: Restart your device and remove the Ethernet cables and USB cables.