Printer Drivers Download Help
Get help from the experts in Printer Drivers Download. Simplify your printer experience.
Printers are probably one of the most useful devices in our homes and offices. They let us download and print hard copies of important documents. These documents can be needed for personal as well as professional reasons. Printers can also be helpful for parents in completing their kid’s school projects. The first thing that we do when we purchase a new printer and proceed to connect it to our computer is downloading its drivers. That is where we come in. We provide printer drivers download help to customers who face challenges downloading them on their own.
Installing printers is necessary not just for new printer users. Sometimes, your existing printer drivers can get corrupted or become outdated. In these situations, you need to update or reinstall them. If you have never done this before, it can seem like a complicated and technical process. Here, we will guide you on printer drivers download on your own using various methods.
Different Methods for Printer Drivers Download
There are several methods to Install & Printer drivers Download. Below, we will go through all of these and the steps needed to successfully download your printer’s drivers on your own through them.
New Printer Drivers Download & Installation
The below-given methods and steps are for a fresh printer drivers download and installation. This can be useful when you first purchase a printer and want to install it with your PC.
Method 1: Adding a Local Printer
- First, connect your printer with your PC using a USB cable
- Power on your printer
- Click on “Start” button then select “Settings”
- In Settings, select the Devices option
- Under devices, click on Printers & Scanners
- Then, select “Add a Printer or Scanner”
- The system will scan for nearby printers and then display a list of all available
- Next, choose your printer from the list and click on Add Device
- In case your printer does not appear in the list, you can click on The Printer I want Isn’t Listed
- Follow the instructions on the screen to manually add it
Method 2: Adding a Wireless/Bluetooth Printer
Adding a wireless printer is rather easy in comparison. Windows can locate these printers easily. These printers can be connected via Bluetooth or a wireless network. They can also be connected to another computer as part of a shared network. Below are steps to manage the wireless printer drivers download
- Click on the Start button, after that Settings, and then Devices
- From the Devices screen, click on Printers & Scanners
- From the given list of devices, choose your printer and then click on Add Device
- If your printer is not on the list, you can follow the same steps as mentioned above by clicking on The Printer I want Isn’t Listed option
- Follow the next set of instructions to carry out the printer drivers download manually.
Note: The steps and methods mentioned above are for Windows 10 operating system. If you have a Windows 11 computer, the steps mostly remain the same except for choosing Devices after clicking on the Start button, you need to choose Bluetooth & Devices.
Updating and Managing Printer Drivers Download on Windows PC
As we mentioned above, sometimes the existing drivers of a printer on your PC can get corrupted by malware. If they are not corrupted, they can be outdated and need to be updated to their newest version.
You know it’s time to update your printer’s drivers when you start to get error messages when trying to use your printer. This error message is usually ‘Printer Driver is Unavailable’. If you are getting this error, then it is time to update your device’s drivers. Learn how you can manage printer drivers download for driver’s new version.
There are several ways that you can go about updating your printer’s drivers. Below are all those methods and to do them.
Method 1: Using Windows Update
- Click on the Start Button
- Go to Settings
- Click on Update & Security
- Next, click on Windows Update
If there are any pending updates for drivers on your system, Windows will automatically show them there and give you the option of installing the updates.
Method 2: Install Drivers Manually
- Click on the Start button, Go to Settings
- Select Update & Security, Click on Windows Update
- At the top of the page, you will see Check for Updates. Click on that option
- When the Update Check is finished, you can select the View Optional Updates option
- Expand the Driver Updates option on the next screen
- If you can locate the relevant update for your printer, you can click on them to select them
- Click on Download and Install
Method 3: Printer Drivers Download from Printer Manufacturer’s Website
You also have the option of visiting the official website of your Printer’s manufacturer for downloading updates. You can search online for that brand’s website and its support options. For example, if you have an HP printer, you can search for HP printer drivers download help or HP Printer Drivers Download.
The search will take you to HP’s official website. Usually, there is a section called Drivers on these sites. This is where you can search for the latest drivers for your printer. Some brands let you search for the relevant drivers by entering the model number of the printer. From there, you can handle the printer drivers download for that printer.
Once you find the file for your printer’s driver, you can easily download it. The driver files generally install automatically when you double-click on the downloaded file. Once you have installed the driver, you can follow the below steps to remove the printer and then reinstall it.
- Click on the Start Button, Go to Settings
- Then, select Devices>Printers & Scanners
- From the list of Printers & Scanners, locate your printer and then select Remove Device
- Once the printer has been removed, you can add it again by selecting the Add Device option
- The system will again scan for your printer. Once you see it, select it and add it to your PC
Method 4: Printer Drivers Download using Software from the Disc that Came with the Printer
The last and the most simple way of installing the update for your printer’s driver might be using the software disc that can with it. This disc can contain software that might let you check for the latest available updates for your printer and then perform printer drivers download from it.
Note: Please keep in mind that the above methods and steps are for a Windows 10 PC.