Brother Printer Offline How To fix the Issues
Most of the time, the users complain that they are unable to print the documents from Brother printers due to the Brother printer offline issue. Whenever they are trying to print the documents, an error message is displayed on the screen saying “printer is offline”. There are various reasons behind the occurrence of the issue including connectivity issues, WiFi problems, power supply issues, and many others. If you are facing the same issue and you have to make some changes in the printer’s settings to resolve the issue. Read this article for “Brother Printer Offline How To fix” the Issues.
Once you do the changes, you can get your printer online and can continue to print the documents without any hassle. We are here to tell you “How to Turn Brother Printer Offline to Online”.
Why Do I Face Brother Printer Offline Issues?
There could be multiple reasons due to which you are facing the Brother printer offline issue. Look at the below list to know the reasons:
- Ink toner blockage
- Paper jam issue
- The printer is not set as default
- Network connection error between printer and computer
- Incorrect printer settings
- Select the printer’s offline mode
- Use outdated or corrupted printer drivers
- Print job stuck in queue
How to Turn Brother Printer Offline to Online?
Go through the below instructions step-by-step to troubleshoot the Brother printer offline how to fix the issue. You need to follow all the guidelines carefully to fix the issue:
Method 1: Ensure that Brother Printer is set as default
If your brother printer is not set as the default option then you may face the Brother printer offline issue. Here are the steps to set your Brother printer as default:
- The first step is to click on the Start button and then go to the Control panel through the Windows search option.
- When the Control Panel displays on the screen then tap on the “Devices and Printers” option. Thereafter, the printer list will display on the screen.
- Next, right-click on Brother printer from the printer list displayed on the screen. Choose the “Set as Default printer” option.
- At last, restart your Brother’s printer to check whether your offline printer issue is resolved or not.
Method 2: Uncheck the Offline Issue
The next thing that you need to do is to uncheck the printer offline issue. In most cases, it helps in resolving the Brother printer goes offline issue.
Follow the below steps for Brother printer offline how to fix:
- Firstly, click on the Start button and then go to the control panel.
- Tap on the “Devices and Printers” option.
- After that, right-click on the Brother’s print icon. Thereafter, tap on “see what is printing”.
- Next, tap on the printer option from the top of Windows. Check whether there is any checkmark on the “printer offline” option. If there is any check mark then uncheck it by tapping on it.
- At last, hit on the printer option from the top and click on the “cancel all documents” option.
Method 3: If Print Job in the queue then clear and restart Print Spooler
Brother printer offline How to fix issue can easily be resolved by restarting the print spooler services. Here are the list to clear the print spooler:
- Launch the Service Windows through run command or Windows search.
- Click on the “Print Spooler” located on the right-hand side of the service window.
- Next, right-click on “Print Spooler” and then tap on the “Stop” option.
- Click on the File Explorer and then browse to the location of your place. You need to copy and paste the text into the File Explorer address bar and then tap on the enter button.
- Choose all the files from the printer folder. Tap on the delete button.
- In the next step, hit on the “Print Spooler” option. Right-click on the print spooler and then click on the Start button to run the print spooler service again.
- At last, you need to make sure that the start-up print type spooler is selected to be Automatic.
Method 4: Check Printer Paper Jam Error
You may fail to print the documents due to the paper jam error. Here are the steps to resolve the printer paper jam error:
- If you find the printer paper jam issue between the rollers then turn off your printer. Also, unplug the power cable from the power supply.
- Next, open the printer to take out the roller carefully.
- If you did not find this option then pull the papers gently.
- Once you take out the papers between the rollers, send a print command and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Method 5: Update the Printer Driver
The corrupted or outdated printer drivers may create the issue that stops you from printing the documents by showing Brother printer offline how to fix issues. Here are the steps to fix the issue:
- The first step is to right-click on the Windows Start button and then tap on the “Device Manager” option.
- After that, double-click on the print queue option to expand the list.
- Next, right-click on the brother printer to update the driver to the latest available version.
- Once a new window is displayed on the screen, tap on the “Browse my computer for the driver software” option.
- Hit on the browse button shown next to the search for the printer drivers option.
- In the next step, choose the folder to download the driver location. Tap on the Ok button.
- At last, press the Next button and update the driver.
Also Checkout – Brother HL5370DW Wireless Setup , Brother HLL2360DW WiFi Setup